Friday, January 13, 2006

Badrak Wala Chapli Kabab


Hmmmm... something worth trying & not much of a task. I got this recipe from Ismail Merchant's recipe collection & its awesome. A must try...... I must say...

Well... sorry about the poor presentation. As you know, when the aroma of such a wonderful dish takes on you, you really don't have the patience to control your tastebuds... These were just removed from the pan & gulped over in exactly 15 seconds.

Here's how you make it :

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
2 medium eggs
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
1 inch ginger, grated
1 green chilli, chopped fine
a few chopped corainder leaves (he never specified corainder leaves, but I love corainder in all my dishes)
salt, to taste
1 - 2 cloves garlic, chopped

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Though he never specified, I kept the marinated mince in the lower compartment of the refrigerator for a couple of hours for the flavours of the spices to be absorbed by the meat. Moreover, refrigeration also makes it easy to handle the shaping of the kababs. Shape into kababs & keep flattening it till it turns out thinner, but easier to handle. As per Ismail Merchant, these kababs are broiled in a broiler. But, I pan fried some in very little oil. While the rest of them were grilled in an oven till browned all over. The kababs were unbeatable. I guess these might taste good even if you barbecue them on coal.

9 comments:

sailu said...

I will try out this recipe with mutton,Tina and probably grill it and like you said it should taste good barbucued as well.

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Oh yes... this will taste good with mutton mince too... Do let me know how it comes out..

Ashwini said...

do you you know ismail was considered the best cook by whoever worked with him and used to pay his actors in the form of briyani!!! must get his book...love kebabs

Sherry said...

Nevermind the presentation, I just wish I could smell the photos ;) Great blog with wonderful recipes!
Sherry
http://familycrockpotrecipes.com

Kay said...

Oh, I was dismayed that I wont be able to try this recipe, since I dont eat beef. Glad to know that I can use Mutton mince. Btw, how do you mince mutton? any idea?

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Thanx Sherry... the smell is really appetising.. You'll find yourself eating while ur cooking them..

Hey Kay... here in the US.. you get ready minced meat.. else you could try the halal meat shops where you could get the mutton mince..

Kay said...

Oh! We buy mutton from a halal shop, So, I guess that shouldnt be a problem then. Thanks Tina!

Admin said...

I have tagged You.. Check my blog

BTW Your Gosht Lababdhara Was amazing.... I cooked with Gosht ;-)

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hey Thanx Anthony... I've done the honours..