Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dutch Baby


Hmmmmm... So I had a Dutch Baby for breakfast today. I had this recipe in my diary. Don't really remember the source of the recipe, but was tempted to try it out this morning. It was awesome. Infact, everybody liked it & my family asked me to make it again in the evening. It is usually made in a round pie-pan, but I settled for a square pan as I did'nt have a round one.

To make it, you'll need :

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour or maida
1 tbsp butter
powdered sugar
freshly sqeezed lemon juice
melted butter

Preheat oven to 450 deg F for 15 mins.

In the mean time, blend milk & eggs in a blender for a minute. Put in the flour & blend again for a minute or 2. Put a tbsp of butter on a pie pan & keep it in the oven for 10 seconds. Remove & tilt the pan to spread the butter all over the base of the pan. Pour in the batter & bake for 10 - 15 minutes. It should puff up & collapse when it comes out of the oven.

Top with some melted butter, powdered sugar & a squeeze of a lemon. Enjoy !!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds similar to pancakes.looks great!