Thursday, January 26, 2006

Honey Grilled Chicken


I was really bored of trying out the usual way of grilling the chicken using chilli powders & all the other masalas & I was really dying to try out something new... Talking about this recipe, its really simple.... & the unusual blend of honey, green chillies & soya sauce make a very delicious dressing for the chicken.

So here goes the detailed recipe :-

500 gms boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
lemon wedges, for garnish

For the marinade :

2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
2 tsps sesame oil (I did'nt have sesame oil, so settled down for olive oil)
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 heaped tbsp finely chopped corainder leaves
salt, to taste

Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl & mix well. Add the chicken pieces turning them to coat them well in the marinade. Cover the bowl & refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Place chicken pieces on an oven proof dish & grill uncovered for 15 - 20 mins on one side & another 15 - 20 mins on the other side. Once done, turn over the chicken pieces once or twice more & grill till they get browned all over. You could also barbecue these on live coals.

Serve hot with lemon wedges & any chutney of your choice.

10 comments:

Ashwini said...

I like honey chicken served at Chinese takeouts, but this is so much healthier.

Shammi said...

I'm vegetarian, so I'm going to try this on tofu or paneer - will let you know how it turns out, Tina... but the recipe sounds just delicious!

Admin said...

Wow, you are getting better by the day. have reserved this post for my weekend link.

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Thanx Anthony & Ashwini...

Hi Shammi... I dont know how well this dressing will taste on tofu & paneer. But theres not harm experimenting. Do let me know the results. So I'll have something for my vegetarian guests too...

sailu said...

Will try this out,Tina.Sounds tasty and healthy too..:)

Shammi said...

Tina, your marinade works beautifully for paneer too, not just chicken - I made it for dinner guests yesterday, as a starter, and they LOVED it! :) Thanks for the recipe!

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hey Shammi... thanx so much for trying the recipe. I am surely gonna try it out on paneer this time.

Thanx once again.

Shammi said...

Oh, I forgot to add - I tossed the marinated paneer with 3 tbsp sesame seeds before grilling.

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hey thanx for letting me know Shammi... Will do the same & post the pics too...